- Paneer : 500 grams
- Butter : 5 tbsp
- Oil : 1 tsp
- Cashews : 4-6
- Bay leaves : 2
- Cloves : 2
- Cinnamon : 1inch piece
- Coriander powder : 2 tbsp
- Shahjeera(black cumin) : 1 tsp
- Onion: 1 medium
- Ginger-Garlic paste : 2 teaspoons
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes : 5-6 medium
- Salt : acc to taste
- Kasoori methi : 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh cream 2 tablespoons
- Chop onion,Bottle guard into small pieces
- Slit green chillies
- Keep ginger-garlic paste ready
- Heat three tablespoons butter with one teaspoon oil in a kadai.
- Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, shahjeera. Saute for half a minute.
- Add onion,cashews and stir-fry for thirty seconds and add ginger and garlic paste. Cook for another thirty seconds. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder and tomatoes. Cook on high heat till oil leaves the masala. Puree the mixture.
- Heat the remaining butter in a pan, cook the pureed mixture for two minutes. Add paneer pieces and salt. Add half a cup of water. Cook covered on low heat for five minutes.
- Sprinkle kasoori methi and mix in lightly. Remove from heat and mix in cream.
- Serve hot with butter naan/roti/pulao