- Cabbage : 2 cups (shredded/chopped)
- Grated coconut :4 tbsp
- Oil :2 tsp
- Mustard :1 tsp
- Asafoetida : a pinch
- split Urad dal : 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Green chilli :2
- Curry leaves :1 sprig(8-10 leaves)
- Chop cabbage into small pieces
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutter, add hing,cumin seeds, urad dal, green chilli and curry leaves.
- now add the shredded cabbage and sprinkle some water, cover and cook in low flame.
- Add salt.
- Stir and sprinkle water in between to prevent it from getting burnt.
- Once cooked, add grated coconut, mix well and remove from flame.
- Serve with hot rice