- Rice flour : 1 cup
- Jaggery or sugar : ¾ to 1 cup(as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder : 2tsp
- coconut (finely chopped) : 4 tbsp
- ghee : 2tbsp
- water : ½ cup
- Soak rice for over night, the next day wash & drain water completely on a dry cloth for 30mins. Grind it to a fine powder and sieve to get very fine powder and keep aside. Grind the coarse powder again to make fine powder.Rice flour is ready.
- Fry the coconut pieces ghee until it turns light brown in color & keep aside.
- In a vessel add water and grated jaggery & boil it. When the jaggery dissolves into water completely , filter the syrup.
- Add the syrup to a wide pan,keep the flame and boil.
- Once the syrup comes undapakam, remove from the flame.
- Add rice flour little by little then add elaichi, coconut pieces, ghee & mix throughly without no lumps and cover with a lid. Let it cool for some time and
- Tasty chalimidi is ready to eat.
- Store it in airtight container and refrigerate for few days, eat whenever desired