- Chana/white Chickpeas(kabuli chana) : 1 cup
- mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- cumin seeds : 1tsp
- urad dal : 1 tsp
- Hing : a pinch
- dry red chilies : 2
- curry leaves : 1 sprig(8-10)
- freshly grated coconut : 2tbsp
- salt : as required
- wash and soak the chickpeas(kabuli channa) overnight in enough water.
- drain and pressure cook the soaked chickpeas with 1 tsp salt and water till they are cooked soft.drain and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan.add mustard seeds,cumin and urad dal,red chillies.when they splutter add curry leaves and hing.
- now add the cooked chickpeas and salt.
- stir and saute for 4-5 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- add the coconut,stir well and switch off the flame.
- serve the chana sundal as a snack in the evenings.