For Marinating Chicken :
- Oil- 1 Table Spoon
- Lemon juice - 1 Tablespoons
- Curd/yogurt - 1 Cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 1/2 Table spoon
- Turmeric Powder- ½ Teaspoon
- Chili powder- 1 Teaspoon
- Fried Onions- 3 Table Spoons
- Green Chilies- 4 (Cut into 2-3 Pieces)
- Shahjeera - 1/2 Tea spoon
- Cardamom- 4
- Cloves -4
- Blackpepper- 6
- Bay Leaves-3
- Star anise -3
- Cinnamon - 3 small pieces
- Coriander leaves
- Mint (Pudina) leaves
- Jeera Powder-1/2 Tea spoon
- Salt -1½ Teaspoon/your taste
Take Cleaned chicken and mix all ingredients for marinating, Mix well and seal it. Keep it in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hrs.
Soak the Basmati rice in water for 30 Mins.
Boiling Basmati rice:
- Take a vassal and heat 10 cups of water and heat the water.
- Add already soaked Basmati rice to it.
- Let the rice cook for 60 to 70 %( Rice will come to top from bottom while it is in this stage)
- Remove the rice from hot water and keep it aside.
How to Prepare Dum:
- Take a big vessel which has flat surface and keep it on stove.
- Add 3 table spoons oil to it.
- Once oil become heat, add the marinated chicken to it.
- Let the chicken cook for 5 mns, spread chicken evenly.
- Add the half cooked basmati rice on top of the Chicken and spread it.
- Add fried onions on top of rice.
- Close the lid of the vassal, Don’t let the steam go out of it.(Seal it with atta)
- Keep it in medium flame for 10 to 15 mns and then in low flame for 10 mns.
- Open the seal for the vassal carefully, while opening hot steam will come out.
- Open it and mix the chicken and rice from bottom.