- raw rice : 2 cup
- urad dal : 1 cup
- fenugreek (methi) seeds : 5 to 7(optional)
- oil : for frying
- salt : to taste
- butter : for serving
- Wash the urad dal, raw rice and methi seeds. Soak in a little water for at least 4hours.
- Grind to a smooth paste with a little water. Cover and keep aside for at least 4 hours. Add salt and mix well.
Making Dosa :
- Heat a non-stick tava and grease lightly with oil. When hot, sprinkle a little water, pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter and cook on one side.
- Pour a little oil along the edges while cooking. When crispy, fold and serve hot with butter.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.