- Mawa (khoya) : 1 1/2 cups
- Chenna : 1/4 cup
- Soda bicarbonate : 1/4 teaspoon
- Refined flour (maida) : 3 tablespoons
- Green cardamom powder : 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar : 2 cups
- Ghee/Oil: to deep fry
- Grate khoya and mash chenna and keep aside.
- Mix the two along with soda bicarbonate, refined flour, green cardamom powder and a little water to make a soft dough.
- Divide into sixteen equal portions and shape into balls.
- Prepare a sugar syrup with sugar and two cups of water. Clear the syrup by removing the scum, if any.
- Heat ghee/oil in a kadai. Add the balls and deep fry on low heat till golden in colour. Drain and soak in the sugar syrup for atleast fifteen to twenty minutes before serving.