- finely chop onions, green chillies,curry leaves and ginger
- mix all the ingredients in the dosa batter.
- heat the ponganalu pan and add few drops of oil.
- pour the batter up to ¾ of the ponganalu mould using a big spoon.
- allow the batter to cook for 5 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- now turn each ponganalu with the help of a wooden skewer or spoon and allow the other side to cook
- turn once or twice for uniform cooking.
- Turn off the heat and take out the ponganalu from the moulds
- Hot and crispy ponganalu are ready
- Serve ponganalu with peanut chutney/coconut chutney or sambar.
You can replace green chillies by crushed black pepper or red chilly powder according to your taste You can add ¼ cup of grated carrot or coconut also to make the breakfast more nutritious