- Eggs : 6
- onions : 2
- green chillis: 3
- red chilli powder : 2tsp
- turmeric pwd : ¼ tsp
- coriander pwd : 1tsp
- cumin pwd : ½ tsp
- tamarind : 1small lemon sized ball
- sugar or jaggery : 1tsp
- water : 2 cups
- chopped coriander leaves : for garnish
- oil : 2 tbsp
- mustard seeds : 1tsp
- cumin seeds : 1tsp
- methi seeds : 1tsp (or)
- methi powder : 1 tsp
- curry leaves : few
- Heat oil in a vessel add mustard seeds,cumin seeds and let them splutter. Now add methi seeds, curry leaves and fry for few seconds
- Add chopped onions,green chillies , turmeric pwd, ginger-garlic paste and close the lid and let it cook for few minutes.
- Now add red chilli pwd, coriander pwd and cumin pwd, mix well and saute for few seconds.
- add boiled eggs and saute for a minute
- now add tamarind extract and water and bring to a boil. Add salt and sugar/jaggery and reduce heat and let it cook for 10-15 minutes or till you get the required gravy consistency.
- you can add a tsp of methi powder
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve this hot steamed rice or rotis.