- Rice flour : 1 cup
- Sooji (semolina) : 1 cup
- Salt to taste : 1 tbsp
- coriander leaves, finely chopped : 2
- green chillies, finely chopped : 2
- Onion, finely chopped : 2 tbsp
- Oil : 3 cups
- In a bowl, mix the rice flour and rava with 2 tbsp of hot oil, till the mixture turns crumbly.
- Using very little water, knead the mixture to form a dry dough. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Form small, lime-sized balls.
- On a plastic sheet or butter paper, add a drop of oil and one-by-one, flatten the dough balls into 2-inch-thick tikkis.
- Add oil to a frying pan and heat it on a high flame till it starts to give off smoke.
- Carefully lift the flattened vadas off the oiled sheet and gently transfer them to the pan. Fry till both sides turn golden brown.
- Drain any excess oil off the vadas using a kitchen tissue.
- Serve hot and crisp with coconut chutney or lemon pickle and filter coffee.