- Sesame seeds/Nuvvulu : 1 cup
- Dry red chillies: 10-15
- cumin seeds/Jeera: 2 tsp
- Garlic pods : 5
- Turmeric : 1/4 tsp
- salt : as required
- Dry roast sesame seeds/nuvvulu on slow flame till they splutter(keep on stirring otherwise they get burnt ) and nice aroma gets released.Take them into a bowl
- Now add 2 tsp of oil in the same pan and roast red chillies,cumin seeds.take them out and let them cool
- In a mixie/blender first blend red chillies,cumin seeds for a few seconds.now add roasted sesame seeds,turmeric,salt,garlic pods and blend till slight coarse powder.
- Store nuvvula podi in an airtight container and use whenever desired with hot rice/ghee,idly .