- Paneer/Cottage cheese : 1/2 cup
- besan/gram flour : 1/2 cup
- turmeric powder : a pinch
- red chili powder : 1tsp
- asafoetida/hing : a pinch
- garam masala powder : 1tsp
- carom seeds/ajwain : ½ tsp
- cooking soda : a pinch
- water : as required
- salt : as required
- oil : for deep frying
- chop the paneer into cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients except paneer and oil.make the batter lump free and the consistency should be not too thick or thin.(if you dip paneer the batter should be well coated)
- heat oil for deep frying in a kadai
- dip each paneer cube in the batter and gently drop the batter coated paneer cubes into medium hot oil.
- deep fry the paneer pakoras till crisp and golden.
- drain paneer pakoras on absorbent paper towels to remove excess oil.
- serve hot paneer pakoras sprinkled lightly with some chaat masala with tomato sauce.