- Potatoes : 4
- paneer/cottage cheese : 125 gms
- carrot(optional) : 1
- pepper powder : ½ tsp
- corn flour : 1 tbsp
- salt : as required
- oil : for frying
- Boil and mash potatoes.
- Crumble paneer and add it to the mashed potatoes.(If you want to add carrot boil it,mash and add to the mixture)
- Add pepper powder or crushed pepper,corn flour and salt and mix the mixture well such that there are no lumps.
- Check the taste. Add more seasoning of pepper and salt, if required.
- Now take a some portion of the mixture in your hands and shape them into balls and then flatten them.repeat the process for the rest of the dough
- On a non-stick tava, add some oil and place the tikkis on the tava and fry till they turn golden brown.
- When browned and crisp from both sides remove tikkis from the pan.
- Serve Paneer Tikki with tomato ketchup.