- whole wheat flour: 3 cups
- oil or ghee : 1tsp
- salt : as required
- water : as required
- oil : for deep frying
- suji or semolina : 1tbsp(optional)
- In a bowl mix whole wheat flour with salt and suji(adding Suji makes Poori more crispier)
- add melted ghee or oil and mix again.
- Add water little by little and knead well to form a dough.the dough should a little stiff and tight.
- divide the dough into small pieces and make into lemon sized balls and roll out into small circles.
- heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadai.
- when the oil is sufficiently hot then add one poori at a time and fry gently pressing down with the slotted spoon in a circular motion.turn over when puffed up and fry the poori till golden brown.
- serve Poori hot with vegetable sagu or Bombay chutney .(any curry or dal or chutney goes well with Poori)