- All purpose flour(maida) : 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar : 1 cup
- Butter : 1 cup
- Eggs : 2
- Baking powder : ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence : 1tsp
- oil : 1tsp
- Preheat oven to 180degrees C
- Grease the cake tin with butter and dust the flour
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar powder till creamy.
- now add eggs,vanilla essence,oil and beat thoroughly
- add baking powder to the flour and mix well.(you can take 3/4 cup of wheat flour and 1/4 cup of all purpose flour also for healthy version and extra taste (or) total 1cup of all purpose flour itself).
- Now add flour into the wet ingredients i.e.,butter mixture and mix well till combined properly.do not over beat it
- Pour in the cake tin and bake for 30min
- Test the cake by inserting tooth pick or knife, if it comes out clean then the cake is cooked perfectly.if not bake for few more minutes
- Now cool the cake on a wire rack and serve